The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in social sciences teaching and history teaching is a program designed for students who want to pass their love of history, culture and politics onto the next generation.
在橄榄山, students become experts in their subject area, which includes sociology, 政府, 地理位置, 民族关系, 西方文明, public policy and more. They learn how to plan lessons and manage a classroom. Students complete between 100 to 130 hours of field experiences. Once completed, they spend 60 supervised days teaching in a real classroom.
Olivet Nazarene University’s Teacher Education Program is a recognized education preparation program by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) in consultation with the State Educator Preparation and 许可 Board (SEPLB). Each teaching program that is offered at Olivet has been individually approved for licensure, meaning that when a teaching candidate graduates with a teaching degree they will also have earned an Illinois Professional Educators License.
Social sciences teaching is ideal for those who enjoy:
- Empowering students to be active citizens.
- Helping others analyze and organize facts so they can form opinions and take action.
- Being an active citizen involved in their community.
- Explaining human behaviors and societal situations.
- The energy and eagerness of teens.